How to create custom error pages
- Log into Helm Control Panel.
- Custom error pages will display in visitor browsers if they navigate to a page URL that doesn"t exist. It is advantageous to have those error pages customized to the look and feel of your website.
- Click on My Domains icon. Click the domain for which you wish to create custom error pages.
- Scroll down. Click on Custom Error Pages icon.
- The page will list all error pages that can be customized and the location of each of those error pages will be mentioned as well.
- Let"s learn customization through 404 (Not found) page.
- Click on 404 page tab. It is to be noted that you should create your custom error page and upload to your account before its working.
- Click type as URL and enter location of file on the next textbox. Click on Save button. The location of custom 404 (not found) error will be enlisted and set up.
- Create a folder called errors in root directory and uploads a file to that folder, namely 404.html.
BACK TO HOSTING TUTORIALS