- Log into cPanel.
- Go to Mail section and click on MX Entry option.
- Setting a custom MX entry is useful if you want your email handled by another server or if you want to set up a backup email server.
- To enter a new record, go to the particular section and add priority number for new MX record (lower priority numbers will be tried first, followed by higher numbers. Fill in destination and click on Add New Record.
- MX record listing can be seen on the page and mail servers will be tried according to their priority numbers.
- You can anytime edit or remove these MX entries by clicking on edit or delete button corresponding to any record.