- Log into cPanel.
- Go to Security section and click Hotlink Protection icon.
- Hotlink protection prevents other websites from directly linking to certain files (typically images) on your website. You will have to prevent it if you have copyrighted images or for saving bandwidth usage.
- You will first want to make sure that your own sites are listed there, so that images can be hotlinked.
- Enter all file types you want to protect and if you want to allow people to be able to manually enter URL of protected file, check the box.
- Then, enter URL you want to redirect to for anyone who tries to hotlink to your files or images. Click on Submit button, when done.
- Hotlink protection will be successfully enabled.