How to password protect a directory in cPanel
- Log into cPanel.
- Go to Security section and click on Password Protect directories icon. Select the directory to start with and click on Go button.
- Select directory you want to password protect by clicking its name. Give name of directory and click on Save button. Directory will be protected and require password to enter via browser.
- At least one user should be created and assigned password to access directory.
- Go back to create user option, fill in details and click on Add/Modify authorized user button.
- The directory will be accessed by the new user. Repeat this process to give authentication to other users.
- You will see active user for directory and can add or delete users from this page anytime.
BACK TO HOSTING TUTORIALS